Friday, February 5, 2016

PTI make it Monday #238

Hello! It has been awhile since I have had a post. I made this card for the PTI make it Monday challenge. The challenge was ombre or color gradation with gelatos. I don't actually have any gelatos so I used distressed ink on acetate. I inked the acetate in a color gradation, misted it with water then I placed my paper on the wet ink and moved it up and down slightly to create more gradation. I white heat embossed the jewel stamps (Hero Arts) and sentiment (PTI) before I inked the background. I Cricut cut the happy's and colored them the same way as I did the background. I dried all my water colored pieces in an old photographic blotter book with a weight on top. They came out un-warped and it wasn't even watercolor paper (110lb cardstock)! I added white happy's cut to the same size, just slightly off set for contrast. I embossed the background with a embossing folder and my cuttlebug. I had a lot of fun making this card and I am really happy with the way it came out, I think it is one of my best so far :).

No comments:

Post a Comment