Wednesday, June 29, 2016

PTI: Make It Monday #254

Hello again! I am here with the card I made for Papertrey Ink's current challenge, stenciling with texture paste. Ashley shows us a neat way to color texture paste while it is still wet in the stencil. I had a little difficultly doing it that way with the stencil I used, it is a sticky back reusable stencil great for ink blending, but not so good for texture paste. My 'paste', talc powder and Elmer's glue' stuck to the stencil, maybe if I had an acetate stencil it would have worked better. I didn't want to got to the craft store to buy either a new stencil or paste so this is what I came up with. I used a wreath stencil that came with a set of recollections Christmas stamps and put in a thin layer of paste. I let it dry slightly and then carefully removed the stencil. Most of the leaves came off but some remained. I just hide the boo boo's with the blue water color paint I put on top.  I ink blended in a matching blue and cut a notch out after. The sentiment is PTI's birthday basics in silver emboss on a navy card stock. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I like how you made your own texture paste - I would have run to the store to get some. lol Very nice colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and design, Chelsea. How clever to create your own paste. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete